Stamoulis Villas are located in the traditional village of Makriotika, surrounded by lush mountains, just 5 km away from the picturesque port of Agia Efimia and the famous Myrtos beach.
In a walking distance you can find the traditional Makriotika square with magnificent sea views where you can enjoy a nice coffee or try traditional dishes at the local taverna. On foot you can also find a mini market, a butcher and a bakery.
In Agia Efimia, at 5km, you can find many more traditional taverns, shops, markets, coffee shops and bars as well as a post office, a pharmacy, boat and bike rental, ATM and a tourist information office.
The area is ideal for nature and hiking lovers as there are numerous walking trails around, leading you to Myrtos, Agia Efimia and nearby villages. The area offers as well the opportunity to try many activities like scuba diving, fishing, cycling, horse riding, photography, canoeing and water sports. Renting a boat can offer a distinctive perspective of the landscape as one can approach the coast and beautiful beaches from a view not experienced from the road.
You can also walk to the unique monastery of Themata which offers spectacular views of the area as well as Agia Efimia and Ithaca .
We can organize the activities for you or we can provide you with telephone numbers of the experts.
The location is at the heart of the Kefalonia and is thus an ideal base for daily excursions to the villages, sightseeings and beaches of the island, like the famous Melissani Lake and Drogarati Cave, the unspoiled, picturesque village of Assos with its Venetian Castle, Antisamos beach, the cosmopolitan village of Fiskardo, the stunning Myrtos beach an loads more.
If you want to explore the island from north to south, Stamoulis Villas is the ideal place to use as your base.
- The beautiful fishing village of Ag. Efimia where you can find cafes, tavernas, bars and markets is just 5km away.
- The port of Sami offers a variety of tavernas, shopping facilities, health center and bank.
- Beautiful Karavomilos Lake and Drogarati Cave are no more than 10km away.
- The picturesque village of Assos with Mediterranean flair, lovely taverns and a venetian castle is only 12 km from the villa.
- The capital, Argostoli and Lixouri are approx 30km away.
- The cosmopolitan yaughting port of Fiscardo is 35km away.
- The port of Poros is 30km away.